Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Googlefying(?) My Life

I've been thinking all summer about ways to make my life more efficient. I read a book about minimalist living by Francine Jay that helped me unclutter my household. I moved to a house 3 blocks from my school to save commute time (nearly an hour round trip everyday).
Inspired by +Cory Pavicich's Demo Slam at GTAWA on "How to Tie Your Shoes", I realized there had to be some better ways to do a lot of the things I do on a regular basis. My mother calls me religiously every Sunday night. It isn't uncommon for her to ask me what I did all weekend and I can't really tell her much, because I wasted a lot of time being inefficient.
So, I'm committing myself to Googlefying my life. Google products are designed to make one more efficient. Products are concepted, simplified, and streamlined to be more productive in less time. This, I realized, is what I need to do. I am now in the process of auditing a lot of my weekly tasks and determining where I can Googlefy. All the way down to brushing my teeth while still in the shower saves me about 2 minutes a day. So, how about you? What can you do to Googlefy your life?
My next project is to figure out how I can Googlefy my grocery shopping. I go way too often for my liking. Maybe I can Google that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment